Friday, May 6, 2011

Hit Me With The Race Card

Watched a good chunk of the SC GOP debate last night on FNC.  A few observations.

  1. Who is Gary Johnson and how did he just pop up all of a sudden?  Why if they let him in did they basically ignore him most of the time?  If you're going to have the guy in, then ask the same number of questions.  Maybe they did, it just didn't seem like it, to the point where he even spoke up and said so.
  2. Why did they pummel Rick Santorum with more difficult, complex and multi-faceted questions?  At one point he seemed aggravated and I kind of didn't blame him.  Good for him on the English language answer.
  3. Tim Pawlenty moves like GWB, it's a little weird.  I'm thinking that guy who did the awesome impersonation of GWB must be beside himself hoping Pawlenty gets elected.
  4. Ron Paul is generally right but struggles to express himself and that doesn't help when people already have been convinced that he's a kook.  It's a shame, because he has some very valid points on a lot of things and they should be part of the real discussion.
  5. Where was Mitt Romneycare, the most invisible presidential candidate ever?
  6. Herman Cain pretty much won the portion I saw, which led me to an interesting thought...

Wouldn't it be something to see if Herman Cain was actually elected president!  Not only is he also black, but he's successful, articulate...  and unabashedly conservative.  The left would have a complete meltdown, and it would start with the implosion of MSNBC, something I would savor like a fine cigar or a perfectly undercooked prime rib.  How long before O'Donnell or Maddow would call him President Uncle Tom?  Ooh, ooh, imagine Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton!  They'd be completely reverendy and above board, I'm sure.  Nothing untoward from them...  I can't frankly guess what the NAACP would do, but then, they've been kind of quiet lately.  Seriously, how long before someone said that Cain isn't a "real" black man?


But you know what would be even better?  Imagine a Cain/Palin ticket...  that wins.  Yeah, it's a mighty longshot, and I'm not even arguing that it would be the best thing for the country, I'm just saying imagine it.  The left would be apoplectic.  I'd vote for that ticket just for that (and of course because it would still be light-years better than re-electing the transformer-in-chief).  The inherent racism and sexism of the left would burst forth, and the true colors of the party that tolerates everything except anyone who disagrees with them would be plain for all to see.  And I'm betting they'd still continue to call conservatives racist and sexist, they'd just use more foul language for emphasis.

4 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, I think the novelty of having a black president will wear off after Obama....I don't think any other president will ever get such a high percentage of the black vote like Obama did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sincerely doubt Herman Cain would get any significant percentage of the black vote either. I could count on one hand the number of true conservative black politicians I've seen, and they're usually rejected by their own ethnicity.

    I wonder if you're right. I don't really think about it that way, but it's entirely possible that most do. I wouldn't mind showing the nation what a competent and patriotic black president would look like. I don't honestly care about ethnicity or gender beyond that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think if the ballot had pictures he would garner a large percentage of the black vote. Our voters are for the most part uneducated, across all races, most look for a D or R next to a name and then vote accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, after some of the street interviews we saw during the last election, I bet you're right!

    ReplyDelete